"give thanks ... for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

________________________________________

Move your mouse over links like this: Ephesians 5:10
________________________________________


Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fabulous Pictures


Once in awhile I run across some fabulous pictures taken by others. I came across a series of extreme storm shots that I think are just amazing. I'd love to go on a "storm chaser" expedition.

I'm recalling that as a young boy of around 12, how exciting it was when powerful thunder and lightning storms came over our house. Once, before it started raining, I ran through the back field toward the big tree where I had built a tree fort. I felt scared and exhilarated running across the field. As the wind picked up, with thunder and lighning cracking the air, I felt very small in the face of such power. It gave me a sense of how all powerfull God must be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm...
running towards a big tree during a thunderstorm...
I'm looking at this fantastic picture as a storm is building up outside. Aaron and I were just outside watching the lightning until it started raining! Awesome stuff!
Megs

Derek said...

WOW!!!