"give thanks ... for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

________________________________________

Move your mouse over links like this: Ephesians 5:10
________________________________________


Monday, January 26, 2009

Carts of Darkness

This 59 minute movie is strong stuff (including the street language). It's not entertainment- it's real, raw, and puts most of what we do in a different perspective. It also made me think of my post on van dwelling

"Murray Siple's feature-length documentary follows a group of homeless men who have combined bottle picking with the extreme sport of racing shopping carts down the steep hills of North Vancouver. This subculture depicts street life as much more than the stereotypes portrayed in mainstream media. The film takes a deep look into the lives of the men who race carts, the adversity they face and the appeal of cart racing despite the risk. Shot in high-definition and featuring tracks from Black Mountain, Ladyhawk, Vetiver, Bison, and Alan Boyd of Little Sparta."

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Hi Dad,

Was I the one telling you about this documentary? (I watched it on TVO I think)

Aaron

Ed said...

You might have told me, I don't recall. But it got here this way: Uncle Wayne alerted me to the fact that the National Film Board of Canada was posting their films. I saw it there and posted it here.