"give thanks ... for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

________________________________________

Move your mouse over links like this: Ephesians 5:10
________________________________________


Wednesday, December 24, 2008

There Be Pirates!


Micah & Elizabeth had a sleep over last night at our place, and that meant we had a chance to see their inventiveness. Suddenly, they appeared threatening me with extinction. I took the picture and there you have it, matey.

Elizabeth wore a fancy head-dress thing, shown here in side-view. Micah wore half that ball his Dad tore into two some time back. But of particular note, is Micah's weapon of his own construction--it's some sort of two stage, adjustable, unstoppable weapon of choice. Of course, only love comes out of the barrel!
____________
Dec 31, 2008: Here's the original shot





4 comments:

Jason said...

Ahh yes, a trusty side-arm Micah has there. I remember constructing the wooden portion of that weapon myself. Hopefully it served him well :)

Ed said...

I did make one enhancement (digitally) to the weapon -- I gave it a barrel hole. :-)

Anonymous said...

The barrel hole looks great! I like the shooting love. Sortof like the Carebears. It's a great pic, a great representation of childhood imagination.

The funny thing was that when the kids saw the picture, they said, "we weren't outside, we took the picture downstairs!"

Aaron

Ed said...

Aaron's comment has me thinking I had better post the original for the sake of truth and clarity